So if you didn’t know I’m a girl and I know what it’s like trying things like makeup and not really knowing what you are doing. As girls we have to figure things out on our own if we don’t have older sisters to teach us.
In hopes of helping some of you so you don’t have to go through some of the embarrassing moments I went through in high school, I’m basically going to act as an older sister and tell you the things I wish I knew when I was younger and what I think every girl should know (or guy, there is no judgement on my corner of the internet) when it comes to makeup and beauty.
- When starting out with makeup don’t overdo it. Trust me don’t pack on the bronzer, concealer, powder or contour, it won’t look nice or natural. Experiment but don’t do it on school photo days, please take my advice for your own sake.
- Use Blotting paper, It helps get rid of oil on your skin without taking off makeup and it reduces redness and breakouts. The one I use is Nyx green tea blotting paper.
- Do not sleep with makeup on, no matter what, it will cause breakouts and wrinkles in the future, and we don’t want that.
- Wash your face daily and moisturise, it’s important to take care of your skin.
- As you get older you will get smelly and sweaty, so please wear deodorant and have general hygiene. No one wants to talk to someone who smells like they have just been eating dog poo.
- Pack spare pads and tampons in every bag you own, not just enough for you but also for other girls because we have to stick together in the battle against periods.
- Invest in at least one good nail polish that dries quickly, it is truly a life saver. My favourite is cutex quick’n go, on the bottle it says it dries in 45 seconds and I can honestly say it’s true and since the one I have is a dark colour I only need one coat.
- When using a bobby pin the bumpy side goes to your scalp, it secures the hair A LOT better, I didn’t find this out until I was about 15 and when I did the world just made more sense haha.
I hope some of my tips helped you and if you have any other tips to do with makeup and beauty for people who are starting out please comment them below, I’d love to know other people’s tips and tricks.
Love Lil xx