What is more Easter than mini carrot cupcakes decorated with chocolate eggs?
I love Easter, I love baking and I love blogging so lets get right into this recipe for making carrot cupcakes.
For the batter you will need; self raising flour, cinnamon, sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, grated carrot, chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to around 170 degrees
- Add into a bowl; 2 cups of self raising flour, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 2 cups of sugar and stir
- Next add into the same bowl; 1 cup of vegetable oil and 4 eggs
- Stir in 3 cups of grated carrot and 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- Place batter in cupcake tray and bake for 20-30 minutes and use a skewer to test whether it is fully cooked
Note: I actually used a specific cupcake cooker that I bought from Big W ages ago. This helped me get the perfect mini size.
For the icing you will need; cream cheese, margarine, icing sugar and vanilla extract or essence.
- Add 1/2 cup of margarine (softened), 1/2 cup of cream cheese, 2 cups of icing sugar (sifted), 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix.
Now you can decorate your mini cupcakes after they have cooked. Make them extra “Eastery” by adding mini chocolate eggs and other decorations.
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy your mini carrot cupcakes.
Lil out xx